A kaleidoscope of traditions, culture and vibrant geographies, India speaks for itself as a soul-stirring journey. From its dusty snow trenches, frolic coasts, gripping natural green to the mystic ravines of spirituality and clusters of cultural shades defining the raw beauty, India captures the heart of every tourist. Discover the different facets of this multicolored country as it shapes your vision at every of its fold.
India At a Glance
- Official Name: Republic of India (BhÄrat Gaá¹‡arÄjya)
- Capital City: New Delhi
- Emergencies: dial 100 for police
- Country code: +91
- Time: IST (UTC+05:30)
- Population: Approximately 1,276,267,000
- Currency: Indian rupee (â‚¹) (INR)
- Languages spoken: Hindi, English and 21 other official languages
- Climate: Winter, occurring from December to March),Â Summer or pre-monsoon season, lasting from April to June,Â Monsoon or rainy season, lasting from July to September,Â Post-monsoon or autumn season, lasting from October to November.
- Religion(s): 79.8% Hinduism, 14.2% Islam, 2.3% Christianity, 1.72% Sikhism, 0.24% others
Every visitor needs a visa for India, except citizens of neighboring countries like Nepal and Bhutan.
What to Pack
What you pack in your luggage totally depends on your itinerary and your travel style. For example, if you are visiting major cities, you might need to pack fancy footwear and clothes but if you are into exploring rural India, it is best to carry slippers and comfortable shoes and clothes. Itâ€™s not that you cannot find things here, but it is always better to come prepared already. Let us brief you about things you need to pack for India, from luggage to miscellaneous items.
Things to Do
- Hill Stations
- Adventure Tours
- Events & Festivals
Every visitor needs a visa for India, except citizens of neighboring countries like Nepal and Bhutan. For Tourist Visa on Arrival, India offers limited facility to only passport holders of 43 countries. For those visitors who need to stay in India for more than 72 hours need to obtain Indian Tourist Visa. Tourist visas are generally issued for a period of six months, depending on the nationality of the visitor.
|Languages spoken||Hindi, English and 21 other official languages|
|Currency used||Indian rupee (â‚¹) (INR)|
|Area (km2)||3,287,263 km|